Saturday, March 20, 2010

vernal equinox

March 20th was the official first day of spring, the vernal equinox.  Well, Texas - having predictable and consistent weather like always- decided that the DFW region might like some more snow since it hadn't had enough already.  It's completely crazy.  My grandparents have always warned us about that Easter snap... but it was always around, oh I don't know, Easter.

I must admit, snow is very pretty, but in order to have beautiful snow, near freezing temperatures are required.  That's the not-so-pretty part.  I hate being cold and then really despise being near freezing.  Winter was supposed to over yesterday, but decided to make another surprise visit.  I'm really looking forward to an enduring heat wave that will bring gorgeous mid-seventies temperatures, sunny days with cool, light breezes, and rain/thunderstorms that let the sun shine through.

I really like the transitional seasons, spring and fall, but I seem to near fall apart during my own transitional seasons of life. This is all kind of cheesy, but Texas' unpredictable weather patterns and nebulous seasonal changes are turning out be similar to my life.  For a few weeks, everything will seem temperate and cool, only slightly cloudy.  At the drop of a hat, a massive storm cell moves in or some freaky cold front freezes everything.  I'm left waiting for things to clear up and return to "normal," but never really sure when that'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment