Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...

Firstly, New Year's Eve this year was really fantastic.  It was spent with Brian and my Scotland/Baylor friends (including the wonderful Sarah of VA!!) down in Waco.  I took Brian to the suspension bridge, followed by a group dinner at Ninfa's, spades, coffee, drinks, fireworks, cigars, toasts, laughs, Denny's, and just overall merriment.  I was really excited that I got to wear my short black sequined and dazzling dress once more.  It had been years since its first appearance at Welcome Week.  I hope to wear it more.  I loved being sparkly.

On New Year's Eve we toasted to resolutions that we don't intend to keep.  I know these were supposed to be posted earlier, but better late than never.  The year is still spankin' new even 10 days into January, so here's my soon-to-be-abandoned list of resolutions.

Resolution #1:  Wear the sparkly dress again.  I DO want to keep this one.  It's just slightly ho-ish, so I have to be cautious about the occasion.

Resolution #2:  Tone up.  I still jiggle.  I DON'T want to jiggle.

Resolution #3:  Travel this summer to Australia or France or both... both would be perfect.

Resolution #4:  Study for LSAT.

Resolution #5:  Take LSAT and not punk out.

Resolution #6:  Research and apply to law schools...eek!

Resolution #7:  Procrastinate less.  I add this to the list every year.  I usually break it first.  I mean, I am blogging my resolutions on the 10th... oops.

Resolution #8:  Have more conversations with friends.  I will keep this one.

Resolution #9:  Become a more organized teacher.

Resolution #10:  Find time for art again.

Resolution #11:  Move out.

There's my list; 11 resolutions for 2011.  Last year I challenged 2010 to bring it... and it did.  2010 was incredible.  I hope 2011 will be... spectacular.  Come on, 2011, it is the year of the rabbit. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment