Sunday, November 22, 2009

Meh.

Dear Blog, 


Please excuse my brief absence.  I have been away working as a "Personal Assistant."  What is the life of a P.A. you wonder? Well, it involves running errands, random chores, and home repairs.  With all my new knowledge of power tools and continuous do-it-yourself repair work,  I think I could go into the home-building business.  My P.A. job is pretty sweet deal; my benefits include, free transportation and sometimes free lunch, flexible hours, no early mornings, and I just get to have an awesome employer ;-)

But besides being a P.A., my life hasn't been anything too exciting.  I've had a few entertaining and shocking moments sprinkled between long durations of dullness, but none of those sprinklings have moved me to write. Blog, I just haven't been inspired.  But I hope to shake things up in the near future.  I turn 22 soon, Thanksgiving is near, and Christmas(!) isn't too far behind.

I do have a bit of news that would be of interest: I'm about 90% "yes" to moving to Florida at the start of the new year.  Change is always a good thing, and let's face it, Dallas and I have been stagnant for awhile.  Maybe we just need some time apart; a few weeks or months to regroup, find our true selves again.  Dallas, it's not you... it's me.  I think I need Miami right now.

A little more news: I've been trying to read more, stimulate my dragging brain.  I think I want to start another separate blog devoted to the books I read, songs I currently obsess about, and new delicious foods I eat.

I'd like to share a little preview.  Lately, I'm obssessed with the song To Make You Feel My Love - Adele.  The song was written by Bob Dylan and I believe Garth Brooks sung it for the movie, Hope Floats, but I LOVE her version.  It's not a new song; not one of those new discoveries; nor something that's currently on the radio or will hit the radio soon.  It's just a good tune with lyrics that I've connected with and I can't stop listening to it.  There are certain songs that make me wish I could sing... and this is one of them.  I would sing this my future husband at our wedding or to my kid before bed... yes, I like it just that much.  Thank you Bob Dylan and Adele.


Waiting to be Inspired,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. i am proclaiming a road trip to miami as soon as this move happens! legit! i can see you thriving florida style.

    ps i LOVE that song toooo. adele is thebomb.com.

    miss you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete