Friday, October 30, 2009

October 30th


Exactly one year ago, I had my last conversation with my Grandmother, Camille Redden, wishing her a happy birthday and talking about our days. That phone call ended like most: "I love you. I miss you. Talk to you later." The next time I got to "talk" to her was two weeks later at the hospital. She had suffered a stroke and could no longer communicate verbally. She was able to make sounds, but that was about all.


She was so beautiful inside and out. I miss her all the time. Every time I pick up a book to read or drink a cup of coffee, it reminds me of her… in a good way. She always seemed generally content and happy, so thinking of her makes me content and happy. I'm hardly ever sad now when I think of her, and I don't have any reason to be sad because I'm certain she is not.


Happy Birthday, Grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment