I can't seem to focus my mind right now. I probably should have waited for my mind to clear some before writing this entry, but I figured it needed to be now or then who-knows-when… So, my sincere apologies for jumping topics, non-cohesive paragraphs, and scattered remarks.
And it's happened, folks!!! I got a car! I love my new car. J It's a Nissan Versa SL hatchback that's very bright red. I've named her Harriet…my chariot. So far, it's been two weeks with Harriet and she already has about 420 miles on her. She started out with a mere 11. She has already taken her first road trip, too. Just a few days after her purchase, she transported my friend Chelsey and me to Waco. It was delightful. Absolutely delightful.
I've started working solo now, no more training. I really like my job. They gave me the title of Instructional Support Associate, but my self-proclaimed title is Webmaster, B.A. (and the "B.A." doesn't just refer to my degree) *wink*. My job is assisting in the management of all the online courses… and I'm nothing short of amazing at it. Well, I think so anyway. I hope the professor and students feel the same way. Ha-ha. I get my very own little "studio" (another one of their fun titles for cubical) complete with textbooks, computer, all the office supplies I could ever need, mini file cabinet, and a coveted window view. I think the best part about my job, is that the professor takes the time to get to know me. He asks about my interests and goals, and he's always giving me different organizations to look at or suggesting different grad schools. I really appreciate that. I like that he's encouraging and sees my potential even when I at times cannot.
Oh my goodness! The snow! I almost forgot to mention the snow! Dallas/Fort Worth had record-breaking snowfall today. It has snowed ALL day long. I tried to make a snowman earlier, but Beta kept eating and attacking my piles of snow. But honestly, I could make an entire snowman family or a snowman army. I've never seen the snow get so deep. It was gorgeous but at the same time… annoying. I wonder, is that an indicator that I'm getting older? Yes, the snow is very pretty and I wanted to play in it, but at the same time, it's an impediment to just about everything. I have my teacher certification test tomorrow, and I had to call around all afternoon to figure out how the snow and icy roads would affect my test. I wanted to take Harriet to the library today and then to the grocery store for key lime truffles ingredients, but no. The snow foiled that plan. So, does that make me half a grown-up? Enjoy the snow, but sick of the snow simultaneously?
I'm currently obsessed with two songs that I recently downloaded. Song 1: Bloodline by Matt Morris. The music is gorgeous, I'm in love with verse two, the harmony is sweet, and his voice is wonderful. Youtube it… fo realz! Song 2: Undertow (feat. The Fray and Estero) by Timbaland. Listen here! I love the beat, the rhythm, and the voices. Hooray iTunes.
I baked snickerdoodle cookies and worn knee-high music note socks today. J
The End.
PS. I'm sad I won't be going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but I'm sure it'll be crazy with the Saints win at the SuperBowl. I'm going to brush up on my baseball knowledge. Target has awesome spring/summer sandals already on the shelves (bought two pair already). Valentine's Day: chick flick or an Indian Jones movie???
omg, twin, I miss you so much! And I did not recognize myself in our pic at first, hahaha. Can we get together and go to target soon? I can never seem to find cute things, and you always do. Maybe the target in Arlington is defective.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to SING this weekend!!!!!!!!! :-D