
It's time to pack. Well, it's been time to pack, but even just the idea of packing makes me nervous. For the first time since I got accepted to the program, it actually feels like I'm really going. A good portion of my life must be packed in two large suitcases and a carry-on bag to get me through a semester abroad. Warm clothes take up a ton of space. And then I'll need toiletries and towels and storage stuff and hangers and coats and shoes... Not to sound like the typical girl, but shoes really do take up a ton of space. I don't plan on bringing an excessive amount or anything but.... there's just so much stuff that must go with me to Scotland for survival. And then my loving parents must ship the remaining crap. Speaking of parents, I love them! They are so great. I'm going to miss their shenanigans. My brother has been home for this past week and we are both flying out on the same day, Feb. 4th. I thought we might have been on the same flight, but he's landing in Germany first. It's been nice visit. My brother and I have never been really close, but the more we hang out, the more I realize how similar we both are. He's going back to Iraq on the 4th because he works on a base there. He really enjoys his job. And since he's here, his wife and baby are here too! My nephew is the most handsome 1 and half year old ever born. I wish I could pack him up with me... but there won't be enough room. Sorry baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment