Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Revival

During this season of Lent, I will be giving up Facebook, but setting a goal to update my blog at least once a week.  Perhaps the time I sit in front of my computer Facebooking can be used blogging or writing emails or writing letters, or having more face-to-face conversations.  Facebook isn't a serious addiction or anything, but I do feel like I spend more time looking at what my dear friends are posting on Facebook and not actually calling or catching up in a more intimate fashion.  I want to be more involved in the lives of my friends and not just relying on a new status or picture.  Facebook chat is fine, but I really want to revive the art of conversation.  So, friends and family, you should expect more emails, text messages, actual letters in the post, phone calls, skype dates, coffee/bar/dinner gatherings, and any other way we can communicate without Facebook.  My cell number hasn't changed since high school.  My address is the same.  I even still have an active Baylor email account. This shouldn't be hard... ;-)

Also, blogging is so soothing.  I don't know why I don't/haven't blogged more often.  Perhaps a few paragraphs every now and then will be more informative than a couple of sentences in a status update.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment