Sunday, February 26, 2012

Without Facebook...

During the season of Lent, I have given up Facebook.  So far, so good.  I don't miss it that much.  Although today while  I was out to lunch with some friends, everyone started mentioned some riotously hilarious pictures that had been posted on Facebook.  That was a bummer.  Clearly, they'll still be up post-Easter, but that's the only thing I guess I'll miss.  The instant photos into the lives of my friends.  I sacrifice pictures for the sake of not wasting my time reading through boring status updates and Farmville stats.  It'll be ok. :-)

In the meantime, this past week has been fun.  I finally went to this little coffee shop, White Rhino Coffee, in Cedarhill.  I have wanted to try it for a long time now and it's as adorable as I imagined it to be.  I also saw a movie with some friends, tried out a new restaurant, Tillman's, in Oak Cliff, and sang some messy Korean keraoke.

To top it all off, I got to spend this afternoon with one and only, Cole.  Here all the way from France to grace us with his presence for an afternoon treat.  It was great.  Our usual gang reunited for a few hours.  Complete bliss.

I suppose if I were to put all of these things into Facebook statuses it would have gone something like this:

-I like Paul Rudd, but they wasted the title "Wanderlust" on a movie that could have just been titled "The Commune."
- I lay caramel delights.
- Fried mashed potato bites may be the best sides imaginable.
- I think the SoJu from the bar made me sing better... or just louder.
- Salt and Pepper team! A day with Cole!

My next move is to invest in a harmonica lesson book.  The internets are wonderful, but I've always been better at learning by book.  Sweet tunes are yet to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment