Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Meet me at the fair."


Friday: hello, Nikki!!! Baylor does this whole Fall Break thing. It’s only one day, Friday, so not to be equated with Spring break, but as I recall, it's glorious all the same. I was so elated to get a call from Nikki saying should be in town to for break, and that we would hanging out. I am truly fond of all my friends, especially Nikki. That Friday evening, the two of us rode up together to Claire and Dana’s place for a small dinner party they were throwing. It was fun with delicious foods, delicious drinks, funny stories, and Patton doing his usual “business” on the floor. Afterwards, most guests were pretty tired, but I somehow always get re-energized at the end of the night. My hypothesis is that I absorb the entire room’s leftover energy, so while everyone else is ready to call it a night, I’m up for another round… I bet I get annoying.

Well, Dana had a little life in her, too, so we managed to convince Claire to come with us to Pete’s Piano bar. When we got there, it was full of OU and UT fans in town a night early before the next day’s big Red River Shootout football game at the Cotton Bowl. The majority of people were OU fans, and they paid about $150 to get their Boomer Sooner fight song played. That sounds like a mighty large amount of money until just two seasoned OSU women paid $200 for their Cowboy fight song. What the heck were OSU fans doing there anyway?!?! Then those very same two cougars started dancing on stage. The skinny gal began shaking and rubbing her butt along the piano, a new dance move I’d like to call “buffin’ it” since it appeared like she was buffing a newly washed grand piano with her hind parts. The other cougar, being much larger and wearing a stunning shiny black and gold tiger print blouse tried to seduce the pianists and shamelessly flashed them a boob. Little did she realize in her drunken state that the wall behind the piano is, in fact, one big mirror. The entire bar got a boob (at least those not yet in a completely drunken stupor). Those two probably won’t remember their debut performances, and that’s probably for the best. The rest of night progressed just as wildly. Another pair of boobs came out, a bride-to-be carrying a giant pink inflatable penis got some on-stage recognition, and finally, we conga-lined out the door (quite literally!) and went back home. Instead of going to sleep, the three of us attempted to learn the ho-down throw-down Miley Cyrus dance and posted a video of it on dear Nikki’s facebook wall.

The next day was all about the State Fair of Texas. This was my first time to go the State Fair of Texas and not just go to the Cotton Bowl for a football game. Bryan drove up from Waco to go with us. We parked at Victory Station near the American Airlines Center to catch the new Green Line to the Fair. It took almost an hour to get the 5 miles to the Park. The new DART rail was having some serious issues. But once there, we were greeted by Big Tex, and I got my first State Fair corny dog. Best.Corny.Dog.Ever! I finally got the chance to ride the huge Texas Star Ferris wheel! We also rode another ride called the X-Treme which was fun. We explored a science exhibit, ate fried peaches and cream (life-changing-ly delicious), fried oreos and a Belgium waffle, became Deputy Texas Hill wine tasters, went to the car show, saw African Acrobats, and left the fair by hailing a Taxi. Our taxi driver was a bit reckless and we mistakeningly told him to drop us off at the wrong spot which left us walking close to mile to the car, but it was still fun. Needless to say, it was a glorious and fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment