Monday, October 26, 2009

thanks but no thanks

This past weekend was a-mazing! It was Baylor’s 100th Homecoming Celebration. It was my first Homecoming as an alum and it made me miss Baylor and my Baylor friends more than anything. Although I’ve been to Baylor recently, just being there for homecoming was perfectly nostalgic and beautiful. I. Love. Baylor.

The day before Claire and I left for Waco, Cedar Valley called asking for my references, always a good sign. Turns out they called most if not all my references listed. Not only was I just having a great weekend, but there was a chance of employment once the weekend was over.
Homecoming: Baylorbound friends, Scotland friends, hall friends, former roommates, former bosses who are friends, FCC friends, church friends, former neighbors, old friends, re-connected friends, bonfire, good music, dancing, fireworks, good food and drinks, long parade, bad football, naps, Settlers of Cataan, kolaches from West, and Café Cappuccino. SO GOOD!

After returning home, I napped, showered, and went to rearrange my room. My room now has hard-wood floor instead of dirty, stained carpet. I took a break and got online. Checked my email and there it was… an email from Cedar Valley just waiting for me. It had been sent late Friday afternoon. I then remembered that I didn’t check it before I left, and it was a good thing that hadn’t. It was yet another rejection letter… really?!? Yep.

At least I didn’t read it before leaving for Waco. It may have put a damper on my weekend. I was so confident about this one; it was such a good fit. “Another candidate is better suited for the position.” I can’t imagine how someone else is more qualified or better suited… I just can’t. But I guess it’s not what God wants me to do either.

Dear God,

Please use me. I’m ready.

Love,
Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. I think I will start praying that prayer every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will use you! i know it! jer 29:11 hehe, but seriously :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I love that youve been blogging!!!! I think i'm having writer's block....

    ReplyDelete