Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"That's just what Baylor girls do."

*This is my second post of the day. I was going to combine two posts, but they’re better separate, so if you’re still interested in reading… scroll down to read the other new post below.

Today was my interview with Cedar Valley College. The position I interviewed for is a part-time position but with the office of student life. A friend from church, Kay, came by to drive me to the interview. I was a little nervous because I applied for this position about a month ago and on that day I applied to at least eight different jobs one right after the other. Basically I walked in not really remembering what position I was interviewing for.

I got there a little early and just sat for a few minutes, but then my curiosity got the best of me and I figured it would be beneficial to explore the student life center. I passed by a room where a few women were eating lunch, and just as I passed by, one of them popped her head out and said, “Hi. I’m guessing you’re Elizabeth. We’re in here.” It was still at least 15 minutes before noon, my scheduled interview time, and the conference table was still covered with the remains of their lunches. I apologized for being so early, but just as I said that, another woman walked in and said, “That’s just what Baylor girls do.” She had a big smile on her face when she said it, and the other women started giggling.

All the ladies introduced themselves and happily explained that I was the first interviewee there to represent Baylor University. The other lady was pretty excited that another bear was there, and believe me, so was I! I really think that the interview went well. I answered all the questions they asked me to the best of my ability. Every time I said, “while I was at Baylor…” it just sent one of my interviewers into a fit of giggles as she tried to do a sic ‘em. I joked and said that I feel like I should do a sic ‘em after I answer each question. They all laughed and smiled and continued to joke around.


I was really hoping that Travelers would call me before going to that interview with a job offer. I wasn’t looking forward to a part-time job, but after that interview, maybe that’s where I need to be. I don’t know. Only time can tell how everything will unfold. Well anyway, it was a great interview. The job would require maybe one night shift a week and possibly a few weekends. I may have to do a bit of travelling and I’d be trained to drive a 15 passenger van. Bring on the van! I would probably only work 18 hours a week, but I think it should all be really fun.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, drive the 15-passenger van, and I'll be proud-er.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth! i love the blog! and i cant wait to find out about your job!!! AND...haha....i feel kind of like your blogs are journals of my life the past couple months too. and i love it!

    ReplyDelete