The most interesting thing I’ve done lately was go to the Dallas Arboretum, and that was incredibly fun. Claire and I were thinking of fun weekend plans and wanted to include Julia. We pondered going to the state fair, but with Julia’s barista shift starting at 3 PM, it would be too expensive for such a short block of time. And then there was a sign… the Arboretum! Along Interstate 75, there stood a billboard for “Autumn at the Arboretum.” Weekend plans: made. The Dallas Arboretum is home to thousands of flowers, various trees, miniature houses, fountains, trails, gardens, and basically anything and everything beautiful that nature has to offer. After sleeping over at Julia’s new swanky apartment, meeting her new boyfriend (great guy), and hanging out with another Baylor alum, Rachel, the four of us swung by to get Claire and then a friend of Julia’s new boyfriend. [I hope that wasn’t confusing. Basically six awesome post grads/new friends are headed to the Arboretum.]
The pamphlets being peddled at the entrance advertised that inside were “over 40,000 pumpkins.” After walking through…
I believed it. It was wonderful. So many pumpkins everywhere! I took a butt-load of pictures. Photographic evidence can be found when clicking the link. We played around the entire Arboretum as if we had all known each other since childhood, especially since we behaved like children. We jumped and skipped, rolled down the hill a few times, make a human pyramid, and made some rather small and youthful new friends. It was a fantastic Saturday afternoon or simply “botanical bliss” as Aaron called it.
I love you! Pumpkins are awesome, so are sleepovers. I'm jealous.
ReplyDelete