I realize that I am slow to update my blog, but I'm making an effort to do better in the future. I apologize for my procrastinations.
Everything is really starting to feel like home these days. Most nights, us Baylor kids with nothing to do, just hang around each others rooms and watch movies, eat Tesco's discounted snacks, or play card and board games. It's so good to be here with everyone from Baylor and just feel unpressured. This past week was a bit gross because it rained some and the wind here is practically tornadic (I could have made that word up). On rainy days like the few from last week, it's great to just sit against the radiator in my room with a book, which is exactly what I did.
This past week of modules has been the same basically. I go to lectures and tutorials and then do some reading. I'm currently a bit stressed (only a wee bit) because my first Scottish history paper is due on Friday and my Jesus and the Gospels paper is due Monday. The history essay is the one that I have no idea how to write. Hopefully, I'll get lucky tonight and tomorrow. I attempted to do a lot of reading this past weekend and even start on the paper. I assumed this would be possible because the Baylor girls (and Josh) all took a weekend retreat to the Burn house of Edzell. Edzell is small rural town and the Burn house is a large mansion open to people looking for a nice get-away. The living room often had a fire blazing and the couches were perfect for curling up and reading. I think my favorite part of last weekend was tea and biscuit times. It was glorious having the ability to drink as much tea and coffee at any time of the day. I went on a couple of walks around the property, and the land is simply gorgeous with the only drawback of a foul farm animal smell around the grounds. Overall, I should have gotten a lot accomplished, but instead just hung out and ate. It didn't feel like time wasted though because I enjoyed the company and all the food. I was actually full at the Burn. It seems that I'm NEVER full in this country.
*Baylor people: do not take for granted the "residential restuarants." Everything is made with potatoes and hardly any flavor... and There are set eating times so no late night eating :-(*
Sunday night, the Evans' invited us all over for dinner because on weekends, the Residence halls don't serve dinner. DJ Evans made some really good chilli for us. I ate so much! I had one and half bowls of chili, three peices of bread, carrots with ranch dressing (no one has ranch dressing here!), and two of her wonderful wonderful chocolately brownies! It was amazing... this past weekend was weekend for eating.
But anyhoo, I'm obligated to finish the history paper but I'm also shooting to finish the Jesus and the Gospels assignment as well this week. This weekend will be a trip to Stirling castle! I really hope I can go without that guilty feeling of pressing assignments. And I write this blog update as I sit in the library between classes using the computer to not do more research but instead facebook, email, and blog. Oh well, everything will get done.
No comments:
Post a Comment