Wow... So Tuesday and Wednesday were great days. Wednesday was our first Baylor class which will be interesting and practical, plus I like our group. Thursday was of course Valentine's Day. I think it was the best Valentine's Day I've had thus far. Usually Val's Day makes me think of S.A.D. (Singles Awareness Day), but instead this one did not. Us Baylor kids decided to have our own little Valentine's Day party. So all of us agreed to wear red or pink Thursday and meet up at dinner and do something fun together afterwards. That day, waiting for Jesus and the Gospels to start, four girls stood at the steps of School 1 obviously looking for someone. Then this girl appears down the steps, and they sing to her and by the end of the song, her boyfriend has appeared and gives her a big hug and kiss. Usually this would gross be out but it was really cute. I want singing acapella friends. ;-)
The special Valentine's Day dinner was shark! Umm... it was an experience. One that I don't intend to repeat. hahaha. But after dinner, we went to the ever-popular Tescos and got wonderful chocolate, discount baked goods from this morning, and drinks. From there we headed to Julia's apartment to eat, party, and watch a movie. Marshall appeared at the party with a cake... but not just any cake. This cake was a Boob Cake. Yes, complete with bra. hahaha. What a way to say Happy Valentine's. After devouring the Boob cake and sharing a few laughs, we all watched Love Actually! which I absolutely love and is just the right love movie for a love day.
Friday was glorious this time around. I didn't have class because tutorials don't start until this coming week, in which, I will only have a 10 o'clock tutorial on Friday! Friday was good and lazy, but followed but Uni Hall's Toga party. I believe all the halls had parties, but ours was of course the best. Togas, music, and a vodka bar. I really think my hall loves vodka... But anyway it was fun just to hang out with the girls and guys of Uni. And the dancing was so fun. After the toga feast ending here, it carried on to the Union for a Toga Bop or to the Lizard Bar. I was dragged to the Lizard despite severe fatigue, but we couldn't go in because the line was extremely long and it was cold and therefore not worth it. After all of that sleep is all I wanted.
So this morning was Edinburgh trip day!! WHOOOHOOO! We caught taxis to the train station and then took the train to Edinburgh from Leuchars. Edinburgh is by far one of the most amazing cities ever. It's the capital of Scotland and the second largest city behind Glasnow. We visited the Art Gallery, the castle, walked the Royal Mile, and just got to be really touristy. I took a picture with a bagpipe player in a kilt outside of a magnificent church. It basically made my life! Around dinner we divided up to have better chances at seating, and Daisy, Cynthia and I found ourselves at this little place called El Barrio which is supposed to be Mexican/Cuban/Latin. Well I ordered fajitas and got a burritto that was nowhere close to a real burrito! But what can you expect?? I doubt there's a lot of Mexicans in Scotland or the right ingredients. The sour cream turned out to be cottage cheese and the salsa was more like marina sauce... hahaha. Scotland is so amusing.
I WANT A BOOB CAKE! If I can't find a French pair, I may as well have a tasty pair!
ReplyDelete-Cole
-Sic'EM Bears!
Firstly- Cole's comment just made me laugh out loud in a coffee shop. How embarrassing!!
ReplyDeleteSecondly- I love men in kilts, and that you have pictures of them with bagpipers!!
Scotland seems soo cool!! I'm glad you're having fun!
A burrito with cottage cheese and marinera sauce? That sounds like my kind of burrito. :-P
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your pictures on facebook. Keep having fun!!
p.s. Sing starts this week. If you get online Friday, I can tell you our theme and all about how club night went! We get to watch Theta and ATO on Wednesday night, so if you get online then, I can tell you their themes! (muahahaha)