Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First couple of days...

We landed at London from DFW. It was neat, but the guy at Customs gave me such a hard time. I thought they were going to send me back to Texas. Eventually he let me through and I was back with the group. The flight to Edinburgh wasn't too bad. It was definitely much shorter than the 9 hour flight to London. From the airport in Edinburgh, we took a Shuttle bus to St. Andrews. It was quite rainy and cold but the countryside is gorgeous. Everything is so green which is uncommon in Texas during these months. Once we were checked into our residence halls, we got a tour from the Sub-Warden of the Hall. He was really nice and so is the Warden. The Warden is a bit like the Residence Hall Director and the Sub-Warden are students so they're like CLs. My room is tiny but it's a single so it's perfect for just me. There's the shower room down the hall which is awkward but there's a couple of toilets and a shower inside. I discovered last night the hot water is only on from 7:30 to 10:30. And yes, I discovered this the hard way. So the first day was a bit weird. Today, however, is much better. The sun is out and is so lovely. The town is old; everywhere I look there are castles. Last night we went to a small pub called The Raisin. I didn't have enough pounds on me to drink, but I got a juicey drink for about 80 pence. Which is like 80 cents here but in American money it would be $1.60. Cynthia and I ate at the cutest little French place called Le Rendezvous. We only each had about 4 pounds and the meal was £3.75 so it all worked out nicely. Taxes is already included in all the prices thankfully. America should do this. Well, it's only just after lunchtime, so I'm off to do more things!

No comments:

Post a Comment