HAHAHA. I love the Scots! Apparently, Tuesdays have been called Boozeday Tuesdays because Tuesday night is the night to hang out, party, and drink the most. Tuesday night started out with a hall meeting with a talk from one of the THREE cops in St Andrews (can you believe that there are only 3 cops here?!?!) and the warden. It was a short meeting about safety and things, and was very much like hall meetings at the beginning of the year at Baylor. Then we were dismissed for our hall parties. I've come to realize that the residence hall that I live in is like one big sorority house and fraternity house combined. A hall, my lovely hall which is mixed and always busy, had an interesting tropical theme. In the middle of the hall the moved tables to serve coke and vodka and cake on. And then put Pringle cans over the motion sensors so the lights wouldn't turn on. They converted the hallway into a real party complete with loud music and balloons. The other floors were less exciting but had more food items to choose from which is always a plus. From the hall party, every goes drunk to the Union to get more drinks, only this time you have to pay, and then moves from the bar side of the Union to the club side of the Union to dance. It's an experience. They played 'crank dat soulja boy'!!!! It was great hearing the people around me sing it in different accents. Then that was closely followed by an interesting remix of Bittersweet Symphony.
Today, we were planning on going to Perth, but early in the morning around 7. That didn't happen. I went to sleep after 2 and 6 o'clock just didn't happen. But no one else went either, so I don't feel too bad. At least I wasn't left out. Instead, when I finally did wake up, I went into to town to buy books, and there saw a Chinese New Year celebration on Market Street with about 3 Asians participating. Then I got the most wonderful jelly-filled, sugar-coated pastry from Tescos for only 12 pence (cents). So I got two. I'm going back everyday for those things; they are that amazing.
Tonight was the required Baylor, Philosophy of Religion class. It went well and I really like our group. We went out for drinks with Dr. and Dr. Evans to a nice pub. Eric, Cynthia, and I left and came back however, because the three of us missed dinner so we just grabbed a burger from this cheap and good place called One O One Connection. The first real week is not even over yet, but it feels like it's been a month already. I guess it's because everything is so overwhelming and different still. But I just love this place. It's great.
Happy Early Valentine's Day!
Hang in there! The first week was almost like hell here! I wanted to go home! Now I don't ever want to leave! Pray a lot and have others pray for you!
ReplyDelete-Cole
-Sic'EM Bears!