The last post covered my adventure to Le Rendezvous with Cynthia for lunch. That seems forever ago. So much has happened and I'll do my best to recount all that's important or funny or cool to tell. After lunch, Cynthia and I walked around and did a bit of shopping until dinnertime. The dorms each have there own private dining halls and you're only really supposed to go yours. I guess this is a good thing because each hall becomes such a tight family. Dinner is promptly at 6 and ends at about 6:45 because it's still holiday hours. It's unlike Baylor. There's a small window of time when you can enter the dining hall and once it's over you leave and can't come back until the next meal. If you miss it, then it's too bad and you have to go eat somewhere else and pay. After dinner, most of us met back up at 8 for drinks at Vick's. Four of us split a bottle of wine (Chardonnay) ironically from the US (California to be specific). Then planned for Thursday activities since it was free day and there was nothing planned.
A few of us, Cynthia, Eric, Joe and I thought it might be fun to take a trip to Edinburgh. That Thursday morning, I didn't really want to go because the Evans' hadn't given us our Britrail passes which means we would have payed almost £20 ($40) roundtrip and that's without considering food. So that was a NO! So instead we meet up at the bus station and from there decided to walk to the castle and check out the mines and remaining dungeons. It was so neat. The mines were narrow, low, and hard to breath in. But it was all really fun. Then we had lunch and went back out with more people to check out what's left of the old cathedral! I paid £4 to get into the St. Regelus' tower and the view from there is absolutely breathtaking (or maybe that was the hundred+step winding spiral staircase.) And then we went along to the West Sands. The beach is gorgeous, but there is no way I'm getting in that water. They say it's warm, but by warm I think they just mean not frozen. Afterwards, it was dinner again and then Thursday nights are £1 at The Raisin. I tried the apple cider beer that was surprisingly good, and met up with a girl I'd met earlier from my hall. Her name is Kathyrn and she's a first year from Boston, but she's going here for all four years and getting her degree. She introduced us Cynthia and I to some really crazy and fun people.
Funny story: We're standing outside of The Raisin getting ready to head back to the dorms and we meet these two guys. One named Fox from Tenn. and the other I believe was Daz, a Scotsman. I think Daz was tipsy and dares us to disprove that he's not a real blackbelt. And then out of no where he just punches Fox in the stomach. Poor Fox looks likes he's in real pain or the punch to gut was going to make him puke. But then Daz says, "Don't worry, if I punch you, you're fine, but if I kick you, you're fucked," in that authentic Scottish accent. And there was much laughing and forced hugs that followed.
No comments:
Post a Comment